<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I received an order I placed with Newark, and found 
that I had mistakenly ordered surface mount electrolytic 2.2 uF caps instead of 
the leaded components that I wanted.  I'll still use them, but I have never 
worked with surface mount electrolytics before, and I'm not positive which is 
the positive lead and which is the negative lead.  Before playing a game of 
'dodge the capacitor', I thought I'd ask the list - which is the positive 
lead?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The caps are silver, cylindrical shaped and have 
the writing on the top.  As you are holding the cap and reading the wording 
on the top of the cap, the left side of the cap has a black strip on the edge of 
the top of the cap.  I'm assuming that signifies the lead on that side of 
the cap is the positive lead?  Does anyone know if my assumption is correct 
and I won't end up picking this cap out of my flesh with a pair of 
tweezers?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Any help keeping me out of the emergency room 
greatly appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Scott</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>