[sdiy] Identification of an unknown MIDI CV interface

brianw brianw at audiobanshee.com
Tue Sep 27 01:22:10 CEST 2022

I don't think they called it open source, but I certainly built a few designs that were freely shared. You'd probably have to download from a BBS!

For that matter, the Apple ][ came with a schematic and commented 6502 assembly source for the ROM (other than Basic).

There was a speech synthesizer card that I built by hand, entirely based on the schematic from the manual. But I don't think that was necessarily intended to be an "open" design.

Brian

p.s. Florian, does this Prodigy MIDI-to-CV interface have the concept of Local Off? I'm trying to imagine what to expect when playing the built-in keyboard at the same time as incoming MIDI is being interpreted.

On Sep 26, 2022, at 3:50 PM, grant musictechnologiesgroup.com <grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com> wrote:
> Was there any such thing as open source in the 80's?
>
> That's probably a Ferranti DAC chip. I think I have a few if anyone
> wants to get reacquainted.
>
> Definitely looking forward to the EPROM dump, but this would be pretty
> easy to recreate in a jiffy.
>
> GB

>>> Florian