[sdiy] [OT] LM13700 spotted in commercial product of big Manufacturer

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Mon May 16 18:36:14 CEST 2022

Through-hole TL072 is currently more or less unobtainable.  The main
manufacturer, TI, is completely out of stock.  TI is really the only good
place to buy TL072 (which, although half of a TL074 in functionality, tends
to be significantly more expensive than TL074), since their price is a
fraction of the price you typically find at the big retailers.  I use
through-hole TL072 by the thousands, and it is admittedly a bit of a worry
for me right now.  Through-hole TL074 are readily available and still very
cheap.  Unfortunately, I use far fewer of those, as they are significantly
less convenient from a layout perspective.

> We have talked already a year ago here about the H series and why it
didn't get it's own new number. Nevertheless the old TL072C is in stock in
impressive quantity, possibly not planned to dissapear in years.

Actually both the proper TL072 and TL074 were almost unobtainable late last
year in SOIC.  No idea about DIP.  Seems to be better now but prices still
almost double what I used to budget for, with 5532s almost triple, apart
from one Chinese manufacturer.