[sdiy] [OT] LM13700 spotted in commercial product of big Manufacturer

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Sun May 15 22:27:00 CEST 2022

On May 15, 2022, at 07:21, Matthew Skala via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2022, Mike Bryant wrote:
>> Even for the TL07x opamps in CSP which are of course in large scale use
>> in automotive, TI totally redesigned the IC schematic so it's not really
>> a TL07x at all.
>
> Yeah, that's the -H version I mentioned.  I wish they had given it a new
> number instead of just creating a new letter suffix and the confusing dual
> data sheet, but it's understandable why they might do as they did.

Agreed. The TL07x-H need a new part number.

There's already the TL07x TL08x and TL06x series. Why not create a TL05x or TL09x for this new CMOS replacement for JFET input op-amps?

Also, Texas Instruments has the Excalibur line of high-end audio op-amps. These are the TLE206x TLE207x and TLE208x families with JFET inputs. Not only are these great chips used in many commercial products, but they show how to rename the TL06x/TL07x/TL08x when designing new technology that's in the same vein.

Brian Willoughby

p.s. I wonder if the -bur in Excalibur is a nod to (the defunct) Burr Brown.