[sdiy] [OT] LM13700 spotted in commercial product of big Manufacturer

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sun May 15 16:08:32 CEST 2022

> On 15 May 2022, at 14:53, Steve via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:
>
> As for Tom's comment, stating that some of the other OTAs are being
> cloned now:
> Well, but those are very niche companies that are more fragile ships in
> the winds of the market, eh?

Absolutely! Alfa Rpar are a niche silicon fab making stuff for a small market (us!). You only have to look at their product line to see that. If I was a mass market manufacturer wanting to build a million units, I'd be wanting at least a second source! That said, Latvia's biggest worry right now is probably its border with Belarus, not anything else.

Nonetheless, it's great that they exist at all and are still producing this stuff, along with SSI and CoolAudio, of course. In many ways, these are golden days of analog audio - we have all the classic designs, often improved, or done on better processes than before, and we have *far* more powerful processors to control all this stuff*

*Or we would if we could get' em!!