[sdiy] [OT] LM13700 spotted in commercial product of big Manufacturer

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Sun May 15 16:01:49 CEST 2022

> denoting the SOIC16 package; and SOIC is a "dated" package too.

It's dated for new ICs, but you'd have to relayout the IC die to use a QFN or other chip-scale packaging which costs, so I think we rely on SOIC being the final incarnation of the LM13700, and a lot of other devices.

Even for the TL07x opamps in CSP which are of course in large scale use in automotive, TI totally redesigned the IC schematic so it's not really a TL07x at all.