[sdiy] [OT] LM13700 spotted in commercial product of big Manufacturer

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Sun May 15 08:54:26 CEST 2022

Why would ever LM13700 disappear?
It's the cheapest OTA with thousands of uses.
Just like TL0x, LM324, NE5532, LM2902 and other ancient designs it's not
going anywhere simply because it's cheap, and for decades used by large
companies in mass market products.
While I was observing LM13700 availability recently, there was none,
then there was over 100.000, now there's 45.000, only a few days apart,
so obviously someone is buying them all the time in big quantities. Not
as big as NE5532 but still a lot.

Roman