[sdiy] a provoking question about time

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Fri Jun 24 16:32:33 CEST 2022

Matthew Skala via Synth-diy:
> Rewriting locations without erasing them first is another thing the
> Microchip documentation specifically says not to do.  Maybe it'll work.
> It's plausible that it should work.  It might even be better for refresh
> purposes than erasing first.  But I don't *know* that, and doing it would
> seem to invalidate any promises about memory lifetime that the
> manufacturer might have originally made.

But those statements are meant for the normal case, in which you _want
different_ values in there, right? Not touching on the idea of "refresh".

Perhaps an inquiry should be made to them, asking it being relayed to
their experts on the topic (and not just grabbing some canned statements
from the usual stock of wisdom), for this scenario.
While I do wonder why this topic isn't long, widely known wisdom if it
is a good idea, ... well who knows.