[sdiy] VCO that goes SHARP in highest octaves??

Neil Harper metadata at gmx.com
Fri Jun 17 19:40:05 CEST 2022

On 6/16/22 02:48, Maarten Halmans wrote:
> Hello Neil,
>
> Are you sure the problem is in the higher octaves, didn't you compensate
> for a problem on the low end resulting in the oscillator going sharp in
> the higher octaves? I had this twice with a Jupiter-8 oscillator, once
> it was caused by flux and the other time by a leaky FET.
>
> Best,
>
> Maarten

Hi maarten, I am doing nothing to compensate for the low end. the
oscillator design just has a scale adjust and a high-frequency trim
adjustment.

interesting about the flux though.. my thru-hole version was
water-soluble flux that I cleaned off manually. the SMT board was done
by the assembly place using a no-clean flux.

--
/// Neil Harper
/// Every Wave is New Until it Breaks