[sdiy] Using dual BBD chips for higher clock frequency

Didier Leplae didierleplae at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 01:17:04 CEST 2022

I'm currently working on a bucket brigade delay module using the MN3205 chip. The circuit is based on the Jan Hall article in Electronotes 87 (except using MN3205).  I'm interested in trying to add a second MN3205 chip in series in order to double the clock frequency thus reducing clock noise issues. Has anyone had experience doing this?
Here are a few questions I have:
1) Do I need to put any sort of buffering between Chip#1 & Chip#2?
2) Do I need a biasing trim pot before each chip? Or just Chip#1?
3) Do I need to connect both outputs of Chip#1 through a clock null trim into Chip#2?
2) I'm using a PIC chip to generate the clocks. Would I need to put any sort of buffering to isolate the clock inputs of the two chips?