[sdiy] Can't find 1-bit ADCs

brianw brianw at audiobanshee.com
Sat Jun 11 01:21:29 CEST 2022

If you want good DC precision, then you should specifically stay away from delta-sigma converters - it doesn't matter whether they're intended for audio.

The two bit values in delta-sigma are +1 and -1 ... there literally is no code for DC (i.e. ±0)

There are plenty of multi-bit ADC that work at hundreds of MegaHertz that will have great DC precision.

Even the best ADC chips are using multi-bit front ends and converting to 1-bit internally, just to avoid the noise of true 1-bit ADC.

Granted, if you want multi-bit ADC conversion with a serial interface, then that's easy, too. SPI or I2S will be required, since I2C doesn't clock fast enough for Megahertz conversion rates.