[sdiy] Testing codecs

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Fri Jun 10 23:10:21 CEST 2022

The ADAU1401 (and many other ADI ADCs) has a current input so the input level structure is set purely by the external resistance of the audio source.  Not sure why you'd want to spec the A-D-A performance separately.  It's just the A-D and D-A combined.

Hadn't noticed before the DAC output is a bit low.  As it is balanced I'd have expected a good 4V pk-pk, but it's probably down to using only a 3.3V supply whereas some TI parts use a switched capacitor multiplier.