[sdiy] VCO that goes SHARP in highest octaves??

Neil Harper metadata at gmx.com
Thu Jun 9 03:11:39 CEST 2022

On 5/10/22 18:34, Ian Fritz wrote:
> A good place to look is at the output of the standing-current servo amp.  I see now that Thomas already has pretty big cap there, but it’s worth looking at anyway. I don’t remember seeing the hf oscillations at the output itself.
>
> Ian

thanks Ian,

I scoped the output of the servo amp as you suggested and saw no AC
oscillation - and less than 1mV of noise.

i tried a few different values for the capacitor. the extremes were
beefing it up to 10,000pF made no change in the problem, and removing it
completely made the oscillator unable to scale properly.

--
/// Neil Harper
/// Every Wave is New Until it Breaks