[sdiy] Labelling Your Horde Of Stuff

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Wed Jun 8 12:34:18 CEST 2022

My way is simple, but I haven't yet reached the point where buying
portable label printer like that is even considered.

Parts are stored in various boxes in various places in a few rooms. In
their original bags, and also in small drawers (mostly connectors). I
never throw out original label from distributor until the last part is
out. The label also holds hand written notes of various kinds like price
and date of purchase, sometimes important electrical specs. And most
importantly it gets registered in my excell sheet with all important
info and obviously - name of the storage box where it's located.
When some parts are all out, the line is moved to another sheet, listing
all the parts used so far.

The excell sheet of in-stock items at the moment has 1684 lines.

Roman