[sdiy] Who apart from me things the whole MIDI board needs replacing ?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Mon Jan 24 06:28:13 CET 2022

Yes - this sort of poor branding could consign MIDI2.0 to being laughed at.

It's obviously not aimed at analogue synths which probably couldn't use most of the improved resolution, but most DAWs are intending to switch to it sometime this year.  It's worth it just for the more accurate timing and for having Ethernet support which opens up a lot of new possibilities.

Also I know some in the DJ community are very keen on it as they will be able to move data far faster in live use, rather than preparing their sets beforehand and mostly sticking to it.  A friend of mine has a MIDI2.0 product in development for them now.