[sdiy] 1-quadrant multiplier with 2164

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Jan 21 11:40:21 CET 2022

> On 21 Jan 2022, at 10:11, Mike Bryant <mbryant at futurehorizons.com> wrote:
>

>> There are now 87 Freak Shifts out in the wild all over the world, and
>> everyone seems to be impressed with their performance.  Plus, the
>> price is a measly US $300, which is a fraction of what other Bode
>> frequency shifters cost. (Bear in mind that I build each one by hand,
>> and each one takes me about 5 hours, so they are not mass produced.)
>> Hence, not to put too fine a point on it, but I would say that the
>> Freak Shift is the analogue design to beat.
>>

> Why don't you get them built by a low volume assembly house and get on with designing more modules ?   Or at least have the PCBs made elsewhere?

My thought too. A lot of that 5 hour process was making PCBs and then messing about with jumpers. All of which would disappear if you had a simple double-sided PCB ready to go. Actually stuffing a blank board isn't that slow, especially working in batches. But there are people who'd do that for you too, if you want.