[sdiy] 1-quadrant multiplier with 2164

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon Jan 17 22:50:49 CET 2022

Honestly, it sounds like the level-shifting solution is easiest. Add +5V to the signal going in, process a 0-10V signal, then take 5V off again on the signal coming out. It's only a dual op-amp. It doesn't get a lot simpler than that.

You've likely got an I-to-V stage after the VCA that would do the job for the output, and you might even already have an op-amp ahead of the VCA you could use for the input shift, in which case you don't even need to *add* any op-amps.

HTH,
Tom