[sdiy] Low voltage synthesis?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Sat Jan 15 18:23:21 CET 2022

I thought most high power r.f. transmitters are Class C or Class G/H.  Never heard of one using class D but I suppose it’s possible nowadays.

Can’t say much about our design, but there’s a sprinkling of GaN devices in the right places.

As for the complex impedance of the load, as I said we have to calibrate it, and it’s doing this regularly during operation.  Worst load are actually those piezo tweeters – they seem to have an ever changing impedance depending on volume, temperature, phase of the moon, what have you.