[sdiy] OT: Mains Safety PSA

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Fri Jan 14 14:55:14 CET 2022

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 12:33:06PM +0100, cheater cheater via Synth-diy wrote:
> So as recent experience shows, 18 - 26 amps max continuous load for
> months was a tad optimistic for this unknown brand Schuko wall socket,

18A is somewhat and 26A is grossly out of spec for Schuko.

If you're going to pull that kind of power you need to look into getting a dedicated circuit and IEC60309 sockets fitted.  We use the 16A version for our "small" cabinets (where they mostly just power a single 24V rackmount PSU, with extra "UK plug" BS1363 sockets for plugging in test equipment.  For our server cabs we use the 32A version.

You might want to use the 32A version, too.

--
Gordonjcp