[sdiy] Tiny SMD parts

John Baldwin my_one_opus at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 01:57:00 CET 2022

Down to 0402 and TSSOP/LQFP64 is fine either with a paste/hot air or with an iron; as long as you have a steady hand, magnification and good tweezers. I’ve found sod523 diodes to be a pain, as the leads are short, usually the pads are small and it’s often hard to see the stripe. I’d happily not solder another one of those. Sod323 is fine though.

I guess it depends if you’ve got an oven and stencils though or you’re going down the pcba route.