[sdiy] Low voltage synthesis?

Quincas Moreira quincas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 17:59:08 CET 2022

If you use a switching supply there is very little heat dissipation even at
12 or 15v. That said I don't think the higher voltage rails are so
important for SNR these days, plenty of good and quiet synth circuits can
be made using very low voltage opamps and such. I'm not an engineer myself,
others may have more specific details than I do.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:50 AM Tom Wiltshire <tom at electricdruid.net>
wrote:

> Errm, I think they call it "digital"!!
>
> Seriously though - digital and processor core voltages have gone down for
> exactly the reasons you propose, and digital enables you to do that without
> taking a hit to S/N.
>

> On 13 Jan 2022, at 16:20, cheater cheater via Synth-diy <
> synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:
>
> Say, 1.5V rails? Are there techniques of suppressing noise that are
> better than just ramping up the voltage rails?

[image: QMA]

Quincas Moreira
Director | QMA
mobile:  5534988825