[sdiy] Looking for a specific sample-player/expander IC/module

Martin Klang mars at pingdynasty.com
Sun Jan 9 21:15:15 CET 2022

I wonder what products these devices are used in.

Seems you can buy modules with Dream chips from a place called
serdashop, e.g.

https://www.serdashop.com/waveblaster

https://www.serdashop.com/DreamBlasterX2

though some of them say this:

"WARNING: This product may not be installed in any musical instrument.
Using this product in the manufacture of musical instruments or selling
this product for use in a musical instrument is a violation of the
intellectual property rights of Roland Corporation and will result in
liability for infringement."

They also have a parallel port, OPL3 FM synthesizer soundcard, lol! I
guess they're made for retro gaming?

Martin