[sdiy] Rotary Switch -> illuminated PB w/ multicolor LED?

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Thu Feb 10 17:34:45 CET 2022

Vladimir Pantelic via Synth-diy:
> rotary encoders with RG or RGB LEDs exists, you can cycle through 4
> states maybe? (OFF + 3 colors for the RG version)
>
> push switches with LEDs also exist, but the bicolor versions have
> antiparallel LEDs, so no color mixing...

some 5..6 years ago, I bought a bunch of rotary ancoders with both, RG
(not B) LEDs and push button integrated.
I got them from ebay... chinese make, but they also sold those
(seemingly identical) at SparkFun.
They used to work back then. They had positional "clicks" in them.
Just a few years later, just form laying around, those "clicks"
magically disappeared, and one of the A,B outputs would give a garbage
signal, for every single of the 20 or so pieces I had bought.
As if some material inside dissolved.
Ever heard of such a thing?
Since then I have been reluctant to buy such stuff again ... ;-)