[sdiy] Special tools for SMT

mark verbos markverbos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:16:37 CET 2022

Hi there,

I’m working with SMT all the time now. Occasionally (right now) I have to replace 50 of the same 0603 resistor on a PCB. I have hot tweezers, which is very fast for taking them off/putting them on, but getting the new resistor out of a reel or bin in my parts box is clumsy and slow. Is there a feeder system that anyone knows of that is intended for hand rework, so that each resistor appears on the tape ready to be picked up? All this dropping and flipping them is making me crazy.

While we’re talking about it, is there any other special tools that you can’t live without? I’ll start…. my new favorite is my “electrician’s scissors”
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Jonard-Industries/ES-1964DS?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsUJpHmmVieqCc%252BkZ0YTPrF%252BPTJ3%252BvwMcc%3D <https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Jonard-Industries/ES-1964DS?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsUJpHmmVieqCc%2BkZ0YTPrF%2BPTJ3%2BvwMcc=>

Thanks,

Mark