[sdiy] SSI2130 in the wild, or any synth-on-a-chip

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Sat Dec 24 00:16:39 CET 2022

On 12/23/22 17:46, ColinMuirDorward via Synth-diy wrote:
> Hi, I haven't noticed any 2130-based synths out in the wild.
> Does anyone know if any synths boasting TZ have hit the market yet?
> Also wondering about anything using the many synth-on-a-chip offerings
> from Alfa Rpar and Cool Audio (3372, 3394, 3397 types).
> Maybe it hasn't been possible yet due to shortages...
> Regards,
> Colin

Good question..

Here's the datasheet for those interested:
https://www.soundsemiconductor.com/downloads/ssi2130datasheet.pdf

 From a DIY perspective, the package on this is very small so it makes
me think that it was designed with some OEM manufacturers in mind that
probably already use certain SSI chips in their designs.

I'd also imagine this could be use in synths without boasting any TZ
function.. it seems like a solid little chip for a VCO even if TZ isn't
necessary.

For anyone that wants to mess around with the 2130, I see Evaluation
Boards are also available:

https://www.amazingsynth.com/parts/evb2130/

Mike