[sdiy] Some Audio DSP prototypes

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Thu Apr 21 20:23:02 CEST 2022

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 07:04:32PM +0200, Steve via Synth-diy wrote:

> Gordonjcp:
> > On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 10:57:10PM +0200, Steve via Synth-diy wrote:
> > > What do you do with GDB that isn't feasible on a "little MCU" ?
> > >
> > I don't do anything with gdb.  I don't see the point.
> >
> So, is your code correct by formal proof, your tests cover everything
> perfectly, printing stuff on UART & toggling pins is enough,
> or how do you do it? Reducing errors in programs, that is.

I don't bother with formal proof, I just write the code correctly and it does what I want.

> Not seeing the point of GDB seems almost akin to not seeing the point of
> oscilloscopes.
> Seeing what happens is kinda handy, no?

Microprocessors are entirely deterministic.  You already know what is happening.

Analogue circuits are not particularly deterministic, at least when you get out into the weird poles-near-the-imaginary-axis world of resonant filters, and sillyscopes are useful for that.

--
Gordonjcp