[sdiy] Some Audio DSP prototypes

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Wed Apr 20 18:28:42 CEST 2022

> From: DIY DSP [mailto:diydsp at yahoo.com]

>>A major exception that didn't is STM whose CubeIDE is still based on GNU, but that's so awful you'd have to be desperate to use it.

Ø  Agree with most of your post, but would suggest checking out CubeIDE if you haven't in a while.  I used it recently under Ubuntu20 with an H7 Nucleo and it worked quite well.  It's no Keil :]  but it's not as bad as CubeMX used to be.  I don't know how well it scales, etc. but certainly for a one-off project it was stable and easy to pick up.  I especially liked the built-in debugger.

We actually still use CubeIDE to create the clock tree and I/O list.  But if you look for one of the most read threads on the STM Forum it’s one of mine pointing out that the use of gdb with CubeIDE was borked.  Some people get it to work, whilst for others it simply won’t.  Something wrong with the installer possibly but STM never seem to fix bugs.

But main issue is the last time I looked STM still hadn’t integrated Clang into CubeIDE which makes it useless for any application where performance is essential.