[sdiy] Some Audio DSP prototypes

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 13:09:46 CEST 2022

On 2022-04-20 11:13, Neil Johnson via Synth-diy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tom wrote:
>> This happens all over the place, not just Windows. Witness the
> fairly
>> recent dropping of PIC ASM by Microchip.
>
> Richie wrote:
>> WTF!  Is this some kind of joke!?
>> Can you elaborate or provide a reference for this Tom?
>
> Vladimir wrote:
>> sorry for top posting, I guess he refers to this:
>> https://www.microchip.com/forums/m1145168.aspx
>
> And Microchip wrote:
> MPASM to MPLAB XC8 PIC Assembler Migration Guide (microchip.com) [1]
>
> Neil

LOL.  Thanks Neil.  I'll have a read.

So it looks like you can still program these devices in Assembly
Language,  it's just the Assembler tool that has changed.  I think I
might actually have encountered the XC8 assembler when attempting to try
out one of Microchips more recent chips.  I remember finding that I had
to mess about with labels and constant declarations, etc.  So that
document will come in very handy!

-Richie,