[sdiy] Cleaning scratchy pots

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Mon Mar 30 10:28:11 CEST 2020

Hi Michael

Am 30.03.20 um 05:12 schrieb Michael E Caloroso:
> Isopropyl alcohol leaves behind a film so they did not give you the
> best answer. Denatured alcohol is better.
I think you mismatch those two types of alcohol:

Isopropyl is CH3 OH CH3, which is not usable for making drinks (doesn't
taste well by nature)
Ethyl is CH3 CH2 OH, which would be quite tasty for those who are
addicted. Because of that it is mixed with extreme bitter tasting
addons. That is called "denatured alcohol". These addons are the "film"
that is left on potentiometers.

So: avoid denatured alcohol, use isopropyl.

Florian