[sdiy] CZ-1000 update and memory mod help

Ullrich Peter Peter.Ullrich at kapsch.net
Wed Mar 11 17:23:24 CET 2020

Yes, this curcuit is really crazy... The circuit looks more like a Japanese letter than a power supply circuit...

I measured my CZ-101 voltages and it doesn't fulfill the requirements so that Maartens circuit could work ☹
My RAM voltage is always 4,24V - even if the power is switched off. When switched on it should rise up to 4,75 to 5,25V but not in my unit.
And the VBR voltage cannot be brought down to 3.2V as necessary...

So for me this circuit will not work. The already ordered DS1210S chip will be stored forever I bet...

I think I will design a cartridge for the CZ-101 that uses a ferroram, so that no battery is used.
I already have the chip at home for years but never really started this project...

Ciao
Peter

http://www.ullrich.at.tt (my webpage)
https://www.instagram.com/synpro  (my Instagram account)