[sdiy] Increasing resonance sound in 2164 VCO?

ColinMuirDorward colindorward at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 05:46:28 CET 2020

Hi Neil,
Does increasing that 750R to ground make the resonance louder?
I've been after something similar, but came up with the idea to simply use
a non-resonant 4pole lowpass in parallel with a resonant bandpass (outputs
summed). On the frontpanel, the user sees three controls: Frequency (which
controls both VCFs), Resonance (which is actually an attenuator at the
output of the bandpass), and then a "Q-width" control (which is actually
the BPF resonance). It seemed promising on the breadboard, but maybe once I
get it in the rack I'll find out why others don't seem to be doing this.
Colin

https://www.instagram.com/colinmuirdorward/
-
<https://www.instagram.com/colinmuirdorward/>