[sdiy] Module power - regulated or filtered (passively)?

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Mon Jan 6 17:01:05 CET 2020

Hi

Am 06.01.20 um 10:16 schrieb ShedSynth:
> One issue I struggled with: the regulated supply has some resistance so a few milliamps drawn by the flashing LEDs causes fluctuations of a few millivolts on the +12V rail,
If I remember right, then the solution is not to drive the LED directly,
but to switch a bypass around the LED with an transistor, so the current
is drawn always, but it is running either through the LED or through the
transistor. You may have a look at the schematic of the Roland SH-101,
how they do it there.

FLorian