[sdiy] PCB manufacturing recommendation

john slee indigoid at oldcorollas.org
Thu Jan 24 01:21:05 CET 2019

Same experience here, have been a Seeed repeat customer over quite a few
years now for maybe 30 board designs.

On my last order I experimented with PCB front panels for the first time.
They turned out pretty nice! Like most fab shops, Seeed will add an order
identifier on the silkscreen somewhere. If you want this to not be on the
final boards, all you need to do is add marked margin sections along two
edges of the board. They will then put the identifier in the margins and
add V-scores so you can snap the margins off. Didn't seem to affect the
cost; the margins were not included when calculating the board area. Not
sure what to do if you want routed edges in the situation.

John