[sdiy] Oberheim Xpander logic chip question

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Nov 30 11:17:56 CET 2018

> On 30 Nov 2018, at 09:30, Roman Sowa <modular at go2.pl> wrote:
>
> I mean I'd rather design totally new Matrix-like synth than consider upgrading anything in them.

Yes, perhaps you’re right, Roman. Given the relative simplicity of the voice architecture and the current availability of Alfa synth chips, an “Xpander voice” wouldn’t be very hard to get together, although Alfa haven’t produced a 3372 clone yet.
With a new voice design, you’d have a free hand to do whatever you liked with the CV update rate and other aspects of the synth, even if you kept it “inspired by” the Xpander/Matrix.

Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY