[sdiy] Mind blown -- TL074 saturated outputs different

Ingo Debus igg.debus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:29:02 CET 2018

> Am 28.11.2018 um 21:01 schrieb David G Dixon <dixon at mail.ubc.ca>:
>
> Indeed, I hate it when people say "read the datasheet" like I'm some kind of
> fucking idiot.  Of course I read the datasheet, after I discovered the

Don’t feel bad. I work as an EE for more than two decades by now, and it still happened to me recently that I missed something in the fine print of a datasheet. On its first page it says „Operating voltage 1.7 to 3.6 volts“. Oh, that’s nice, so I can power it from my 3.3 volts supply. But everything is spec’d at 1.8 volts. When using a 3.3 volts supply, the specs are way off (which is NOT mentioned in the datasheet).

Also, yes, it’s correct always to use the min/max values for a worst case design. But in practice often only typical value are given…

Ingo