[sdiy] Mind blown -- TL074 saturated outputs different

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Wed Nov 28 09:50:28 CET 2018

Thanks, René.  I think I will add an output resistor and a couple of zeners
to set the output voltages of the comparators to certain values, as in the
"precision schmitt trigger" of the link you provided.  I need to rely on a
fixed output voltage to generate the specific positive and negative
threshold voltages for the comparator logic, and I can achieve this with the
zeners.

Tomorrow morning I'll get this damned thing finished.  Someone in Iceland is
waiting patiently, but I think I'll have to lay out and make a new board.
Oh well, that's why we build prototypes in the first place.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I am actually losing a little money on
this one (plus, it's taking many hours of my time which I am providing for
free).