[sdiy] speaking of tantalums...

Tony K weplar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:24:16 CET 2018

> On Nov 25, 2018, at 10:33 PM, Adam Inglis <21pointy at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>
> I’m careful and my Hakko desoldering gun

It took me a while to find the ideal temperature - and technique- to desolder with my Den-On SC7000Z. I practiced on old boards. It turns out the temperature was too low and the dwell time time too high. If anybody is thinking of buying one of these I would caution against the manuals suggestion of lower temperatures. One call to the site owner set me straight.

I had it backwards, get in and out quickly , as it sounds like you are doing. (375 F IIRC) . But this required time for the tool to cool down at that higher temperature or the tool would shut down. Annoying if you are doing many ics at once.
The Pace videos helped a lot too.

I liked the Pace solder/desolder station I used at work, it was a pencil.
That's my next gift to myself. Forget model no. offhand. But that's another story/thread.

Tony