[sdiy] speaking of tantalums...

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Mon Nov 26 04:47:25 CET 2018

I’ll put it another way, which has nothing to do with my experience repairing these old synths, arcade machines, computers, and other electronics…

If I were looking at two Prophet 5 Rev 3.3 units, and had to pick one to buy: I’d pick the one that hadn’t had someone in there prematurely replacing caps. Since you’re wanting to sell this thing, I say leave the choice to the next owner. It’s like a vintage car - there’s a much larger market for the original, stock models compared to the street hot rods that have been souped up.

If you were going to keep this P5r3.3, I’d say that the choice is yours. Otherwise...

Brian