[sdiy] speaking of tantalums...

matt sodemann ihycoi at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 03:23:21 CET 2018

if'n it aint broke.....

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

rsdio at audiobanshee.com wrote:

As someone who would consider purchasing a P5 r3.3, I say No.

There’s no need to replace capacitors that have not failed. The copper traces on these PCBs can be fragile, and any desoldering heat could cause damage. It’s best to avoid unnecessary surgery.

If you restrict yourself to the power supply PCB only, then perhaps, but I still don’t see it as an advantage. The more work that is done on these ancient beasts, the more fragile they become.

Brian Willoughby