[sdiy] speaking of tantalums...

Tony K weplar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 03:01:24 CET 2018

> On Nov 25, 2018, at 7:12 PM, gm <montalbanogm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've got over 500 P5s in my repair database,

So much for the so-called small niche market of synthesizers . Holy smokes somebody is making a good living at this.

I'm with Brian, I wouldn't change a thing. I have only seen shorted tantalums in an Arp Omni. Never in a SCI.

I've thought about replacing the electrolytics in my JP-6, but decided against it for various reasons, included the one cited by Brian, about the fragile traces. Incidentally, I have seen one JP-6 that received this surgery and it was a mess, - charred board, flux contamination, and god only knows what other rough handling this poor machine was subjected to i.e. total disregard for static sensitive ics

0.1s now resistors eh? Interesting. My digital wire-wrap proto boards are full of them and never measured any excessive resistance between rails. Will check it anyway.

If it ain't broke ..

TK