[sdiy] Transistor Sallen-Key lowpass filter question

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Mon Nov 19 12:21:59 CET 2018

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 at 11:39, <rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk> wrote:

> >       http://sim.okawa-denshi.jp/en/Sallen3tool.php
>
> I love that website, BTW.  It's great for designing anti-aliasing
> filters for audio and data acquisition type applications.  I'm
> particularly fond of the MFB low-pass filter because of it's superior
> stop-band performance compared to the more well-known Sallen-Key
> arrangement.  It's also easy to dial in a bit of gain, which can be very
> useful in some occasions.

I agree, it's a very useful site that I often use!

Almost as useful is
https://www.beis.de/Elektronik/Filter/ActiveLPFilter.html
which I also recommend. Both have their uses.

I do feel more than a bit sorry for the site owner though, Uwe Beis. His
name is pronounced just like "bajs", which is the most common Swedish word
for poo. The title of the whole site www.beis.de reads "Welcome to the
homepage of family Poo."  :'-/

/mr