[sdiy] Transistor Sallen-Key lowpass filter question

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 11:38:56 CET 2018

You need to take the bottom of R4 to a negative supply rail, or bias the
input to about half of the positive supply voltage if you want it to
work with a single rail supply.  (There examples of this in Roland's
Juno series chorus circuits.)

I love that website, BTW.  It's great for designing anti-aliasing
filters for audio and data acquisition type applications.  I'm
particularly fond of the MFB low-pass filter because of it's superior
stop-band performance compared to the more well-known Sallen-Key
arrangement.  It's also easy to dial in a bit of gain, which can be very
useful in some occasions.

Less fond of the cryptic error messages in Kanji & Hiragana when you
enter unreasonable design parameters though! (>.<)

-Richie,