[sdiy] Korg SDD-3000 5 volt supply problems

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sun Nov 18 06:38:06 CET 2018

You should feel lucky, rather than silly.

Cracked solder joints and worse, cracked traces, can be the most difficult needles in haystacks. Every time I find one and it fixes the problem, I feel lucky that I could see that there was even something to be done. Of course, one solution is to just re-heat suspect solder joints, but that’s not always possible on a large board. Other times - like when some shipper drops an item from a significant height - the cracks go all the way through the PCB, and then they’re easy to find. But most cracks are hair-thin and nigh impossible to find.

Glad you got this thing resurrected!

Brian