[sdiy] Which proc for reverb

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Thu Nov 15 19:50:13 CET 2018

Hey all,

So if someone were to totally lose their mind and go down the road of
implementing an IR reverb on a stand alone processor, which would be a
good choice?  I don't think floating point is needed, is it? Obviously
you need lots of cycles per sample and a fair bit of memory (6 seconds *
48K rate * 2 buffers = >1MB).

I looked at the Blackfins, they seem to be a good fit. What else? It
would be nice to start with an evaluation board. Not too expensive
software tools is also a plus.

Extra credit question: will this get me committed?  ;-)

--
--Tim Ressel
Circuit Abbey
timr at circuitabbey.com