[sdiy] AS3320 VCF chip - some queries

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Sun Nov 11 19:17:43 CET 2018

You might find that the filter will oscillate easier if you use good film
caps.  I had problems getting a four-pole filter to oscillate at low
frequencies with monolithic ceramic caps, but it oscillated strongly down to
the minimum frequencies with WIMA polyester caps.

I just built an SVF with silvered mica caps (which I usually use in
oscillators) and it is being finicky with self-oscillation below about 50Hz.
Maybe I'll swap those out for WIMA polyester and see.

  _____