[sdiy] 2164 tempco in VCF applications

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Tue Nov 6 21:22:27 CET 2018

Hi Rutger,

I tempco my 2164s in filters when only using two or three VCAs in the core
(or, for example, in an SVF where I use two in the core, one for VCQ, and
the fourth for tempco).  However, in a Roland-esque four-stage filter, I
generally don't do tempco.  You would essentially require two independent CV
summers, two tempcos, and then split the core between two 2164s (two on
each) so that each one had an unused spare.  It's probably not worth all the
trouble, since filter cutoff doesn't require tempco, and there are more
convenient ways to get sine waves.

Cheers,
Dave

  _____