[sdiy] 2164 tempco in VCF applications

Rutger Vlek rutgervlek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:28:34 CET 2018

Hi list,

I've been impressed with the performance of recent VCO designs (yes, you
David!) using 2164 for temperature compensation. I've been wondering if
people have attempted similar things with respect to VCF applications? When
using integrators in a VCF based on the 2164 you already have an
exponential control law of the inputs, so wouldn't need a full exponential
current source as in a VCO. Can you still apply the same principle for
making a VCF temperature stable? Do you need that degree of stability in a
VCF (yes, different opinions are welcome)? And what would you do if you
already used up all 4 sections of a 2164 in the core of the VCF, meaning
you don't have another 2164 available in the same (isothermic) package?

Regards,

Rutger