[sdiy] universal drum machine interface

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sun Nov 4 22:35:54 CET 2018

I’m also curious about the specific circuit changes.

It’s potentially “dangerous” to inject an external voltage on the wrong side of those diodes. It really depends upon the output circuit on the device being added, as well as the input circuit on the vintage equipment.

You might not have a failure right away, but over time your CR-8000 might die a premature death due to skipping past the diodes. Circuit bending can be dangerous if done without the research to back it up.

I don’t doubt that you got better results, it’s just possible that the final result might be less than desired.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting