[sdiy] [OT] So what am I looking for in Anti-Static Foam?

blacet at blacet.com blacet at blacet.com
Sat Feb 3 18:44:21 CET 2018

The black foam is conductive; the pink foam antistatic. You probably
want the conductive. Mouser pn 809-12250 works well. -------- Original
Message ---------- I've never had to buy this before, but my supplies
are dwindling. I'm looking for the stuff you push DIP chips into for
shipping. Preferably about 10mm or 3/8" thick. And I prefer pink over
black because the black stuff seems to give off dust as you work with
it, but this is not a deal breaker. Dimensions are not critical but I
will end up cutting it into squares of maybe 5" x5" at the largest.
The issue I'm having is that I don't want that super light stuff
that's all bendy like cloth*. This is not for a static safe pet bed.
:-) I want the stiffer stuff that the chip pins will go into rather
than bounce off. Is there a particular material, density or some other
name I should look for?
Synth-diy at synth-diy.org