[sdiy] New release of Audio Weaver Lite for ST Discovery boards

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Thu Mar 23 00:34:15 CET 2017

As an experienced DSP programmer, I understand where you're coming from, Eric. However, not everyone can code raw DSP, and even those who can don't want to do so with every project. SHARC has released a similar suite intended for companies that do not have in-house DSP developers, but who still need customized DSP from standard building blocks.

I like to think of it as analogous to a recording studio, where you have a certain number of rack-mounted effects on hand to tailor your sound. Sure, if you can design electronics, then there are probably some effects you could build that aren't possible with the standard rack gear, but how many times does it make sense to design new electronics?

Same thing could be said for modular synths. You can buy modules, and you can even build custom modules of your own design, but the former is certainly way more convenient than the latter.

Brian